SoulFragments

Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Grass Angel

This week, Anne Marie's challenge at Inner Surprises is to create a SoulCollage card from a favourite quote, and when I read it, I knew immediately which quote I would like to base my card on.

Every blade of grass has its Angel that bends over it and whispers, "Grow, grow."
...................................- The Talmud



I came across that quote 9 years ago, when I first encountered and began the adventure that is The Artist's Way. I think this was the first book I'd seen that was sprinkled with quotes in the margins, and if Julia Cameron left me with nothing else, it was a store of marvellous inspirational quotes, including that one. (By the way, she did leave me with a whole lot more than that!)

This quotation stays with me, and comforts me. It reminds me that there is invisible support all around, and that I only have to trust and rely on that support.

The angels that appear here came from a Christmas card that came from my Aunt Nell in 2001. I've saved it, and the angels were over my bed for the past few years, waiting for me to decide where they really belonged. Well, they belong here, on this card, honouring the quote, honouring Aunt Nell, and echoing the prayer for children which I love:

"I am, O my God, but a tiny seed which Thou hast sown in the soil of Thy love, and caused to spring forth by the hand of Thy bounty. This seed craveth, therefore, in its inmost being, for the waters of Thy mercy and the living fountain of Thy grace."
........................................... (Baha'u'llah, Prayers and Meditations by Baha'u'llah, p. 177)


I think the angels represent that grace, and I am glad now to have this visual reminder for myself.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • This is LOVELY - and your "grass angel" quote is also one of my favorites. Thanks for the little child's prayer - I've never heard it, but I love it.
    Cathy B.

    By Blogger Cathy Bargar, at 8:59 AM  

  • Beautiful card - I've been back several times to look before commenting - the bit that draws me most is through the screen of foggy trees... where there must of course be many more angels just waiting to be found...

    By Blogger Caroline, at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home