SoulFragments

Saturday, December 09, 2006

3-Card Reading

This week, Anne Marie's challenge offered to SoulCollagers on her Inner Surprises blog was to do a 3-card reading. She suggests that we ask a question and then select three cards to see what they might say to that question. I wrote my question into my SoulCollage notebook: "What might remedy the anxiety I'm feeling recently?" I selected the three cards last night, but waited until this morning to sit and journal with them. The process was very interesting, because my rational mind would not have selected any of these 3 cards as most relevant to that problem, and yet the three cards selected each have offered me something that I feel is really helpful. Here they are:



The Imprisoned, Longing for Freedom.

After writing some "I am one who..."s, this card suggests to me that I imprison myself within my own thinking, that no-one else is creating the limits which cause me fear and anxiety. It says "You can free your own mind" (and it reminds me of This Quote I read last night too)



The second card I drew was my Letting My Child Go card. This card reminded me that, now that I have released my son into the world as a caring, responsible, adult, it is ok to let him know what I am feeling. I can let him know about my anxieties or worries without making him feel responsible for them.




The third card in the reading is my Autumn Self card, and what this card reminds me of is the store of resources I have already built up, the harvest I have already made in my life. It tells me I can trust that what I have gathered in my life will sustain me in times to come.





Overall, the effect of the three cards in combination is to remind me that I can control my thoughts, that I can draw on support without making others responsible for me, and I already have many inner resources that will carry me through.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • My sister and I are going to get together today to start soul collaging. I was coming here for inspiration and you've given me it to in spades. Thanks Greenishlady - that reading is amazing and I'm glad you shared it!

    By Blogger Kara, at 7:39 AM  

  • Kara,
    I'm so glad you find the process inspiring. I think it would be a wonderful activity to share with your sister right now. I hope you find it as enriching and affirming as I do.

    By Blogger GreenishLady, at 12:44 PM  

  • I am so intrigued by Soul Collage! I think you are so right on by your reading! I'm so looking forward to making my first card! Thank you for the inspiration.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 PM  

  • Hi Greenish Lady -

    Tinker mentioned Soul Collage and your name in a comment on one of my blogs.

    Without hesitating or researching it further I bought the book - it arrived today and I'm impressed and inspired.

    Much of my art is already collaged and much of my interest has been in using tarot and other cards. I've been struggling to make my own deck but couldn't find a good framework before.

    So I'm here to say thank you to you for being an important link in this chain for me!

    THANK YOU!

    And now I'm here I'm amazed at the beauty of your cards - I'm sure I'll get even more ideas now.

    I can see that the next few days are going to be devoted to making my first batch!

    By Blogger Caroline, at 9:28 AM  

  • Hi Greenish Lady,
    I have really appreciated the comments that you have left on my blog. I may have mentioned this before, but it merits repeating. We are about the same age and share much in terms of taste in books, music and spiritual expression.

    I went back and read ten or so posts on Greenish Lady, and then I tried this one. I am such a visual person that this felt like discovering a language that I mysteriously knew without ever having learned it.

    I am familiar with Soul Collage, but never got far enough to do readings. I am so inspired by your work/play.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home