SoulFragments

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Challenge of Discovering meaning

Anne Marie's challenge this past weekend was to take a card which hasn't really made its meaning clear, and to spend ten minutes writing "I am one who"s from it. The card I've chosen to use is one I made during the facilitator's training back in May. It feels very powerful. It feels beyond words to me, though I have attempted to work with it. I can't even name it beyond "The Be True In Heart" card, and can't say whether its suit is committee or council (though it feels very committee, really)
















Here's the product of my ten minutes:

I am one who warns Be True In Heart
I am one who has been betrayed
I am one who is worn down, dirtied and wearied
I am one who calls down lightning
I am one who comes out of a wild place
I am one who wishes true lovers well
I am one who watches
I am one who has cast away her gold
I am one who holds to promises
I am one who regrets broken promises
I am one who regrets broken promises
I am one who is cared for by no-one
I am one who is alone
I am one who bears witness
I am one who wants to have her pain witnessed
I am one who is past weeping
I am one who cries in my heart Be True In Heart
I am one who lives between storm and desert
I am one who has no care for appearance
I am one who knows the way
I am the watcher
I am one who warns the groom Be True in Love
I am one who knows the urge to vengeance
I am one who rises above the urge to vengeance
I am one who sees love as heavenly in origin
I am one whi is alone and feared
i am one on the cusp of cronedom
I am one who carries pain within
I am one who fears for others - that they will feel pain also.


Having completed the exercise, it is clear that this card holds the pain of my marriage's end. This is the abandoned, betrayed, hurt wife card. I knew that, really. I just couldn't name it.

3 Comments:

  • Very moving card.

    By Blogger the goddess, at 12:03 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Cheryl Finley, at 7:57 PM  

  • Wow..What a powerful image and release. And in that release I feel a sense of your strength rising up, ready to take charge on your command. In between the lines I feel your courage, confidence, and determination coming through...it may or may not be evident to you..but it's there..and it'strong. It's always there to carry you through. Please remember that my sister.

    By Blogger Cheryl Finley, at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home