SoulFragments

Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Seven Chakras

Now that I have identified my 3rd Chakra animal - Elephant - and created a card to honour Elephant-spirit, I wanted to post all seven cards here.



I listened to Seena's recorded guided meditation on the Chakras a couple of days ago, and lo-and-behold, there was Elephant. I found myself sitting against a great tree in a forest, and up came Elephant, offering strength, certainty, solidity. I felt very safe with Elephant, and as Elephant. It was a lovely experience, and a relief to finally find the last of my animal-guides (though now I'm hearing about people finding that they change, and I don't want to feel I'm searching again any time soon).

One interesting thing I heard recently about Chakras and animal guides - Some friends who have done shamanic journeying were speaking about their animal guides, and it seems it is usual for the lower chakras to have reptile guides, the middle chakras to have mammalian guides and the upper chakras to have bird guides. I was intrigued, and really surprised to find that my SoulCollage cards have fitted this pattern. Has anyone else noticed the same progression? (I'm thinking of that very insistent alligator we heard about recently).

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I love seeing all these cards!

    By Blogger Kara, at 7:37 AM  

  • To answer your question, I seem to have an anomalous progression of chakra animals. I begin with a panda and end with a seal (oh, the puns of the subconscious--it's the "seventh seal"). My birds are in the middle, at chakras four and five, and nary a reptile in sight.

    By Blogger kaleidoblog, at 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home