SoulFragments

Monday, July 02, 2007

The Power of Woman

This card is not one of mine, but I have permission to share it here. At the first workshop I gave in Limerick, my home-town, one friend made this card. The power of the image, and the wonderful spirit of survival and feminine strength with which she spoke when she did a brief "I am one who" made me ask Ann if she would email me the card later on. Before she did, I discovered this card on Cheryl's blog, using the same image of that woman, that powerful woman. Seeing this, and telling Cheryl of the synchronicity makes me all the more sure the card is meant to be shared. I asked Ann if she was ok with sharing her card and a few lines, and here is what she sent:
I'm the one who seeks strength from within. Who appreciates that I am only here for a short time on this planet. Regardless of any problems I think I may have I have to remember there is much worse out there. I now appreciate life and no longer take it for granted.

I am the one who dreams...and wish upon that falling star to maintain my free spirit which is often drained and forced from us as we get older. Gazing into the distance of future and past to help improve myself and whilst moving forward in life not to regret any of my past but use as a learning process for my future.

I am the one who wants to be proud of myself and reach deep inside and find every inch of strength as the woman in my card does to stand tall and look both beautiful from the inside and out. I want to believe in myself, trust my own instincts from which my character and confidence can grow.

I am the one who wishes to fly like that butterfly, albeit a short life .....embrace! Look beautiful, think beautiful and always will be beautiful! If that's all I can take from this life then it'll have been worth it.
------------------------------------------
I am awestruck at the card and the words Ann has produced! She tells me she has been bringing the card with her to work every day. I'm not surprised. It gives me chills to witness the immediate impact of SoulCollage, and it humbles me to be able to share this with you.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • Wonderful card! It has great meaning! It's wonderful to know that such people are out there.
    *HUGS*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 AM  

  • Hi Angela, as you know this is my first card and have to admit I'm smiling inside and out that is has an effect on others and not just me. Thank you.

    By Blogger Anniniwa, at 7:31 AM  

  • What a beautiful and empowering card and writing! I can feel the spirit of every word alive in me as I read it...and gaze upon it. How synchronistic that I too was drawn to the spirit of this woman...and made a card using her too. She exudes beauty, wisdom, courage, strength and pride. I am comforted by the image of her. (I wonder if she knows how much she has inspired so many). Thank you Ann and Imelda for sharing this beauty with all of us.

    By Blogger Cheryl Finley, at 7:31 AM  

  • P.S. -- Looking at this card again...this woman..right now...she says to me: "I can do ANYTHING"!!

    Thank you again, Ann & Imelda!!

    Cheryl

    By Blogger Cheryl Finley, at 9:50 AM  

  • This is an incredibly powerful card. I have not seen this image in any of my magazine travels, but I'd grab it in a heartbeat if I did. I really liked her I am the one who--

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:26 PM  

  • Thanks for letting Imelda share this beautiful card with us, Ann! I have seen the image of the woman many times in our magazines here and absolutely adore the expression on her face. I'm glad that you are taking the card with you to work each day and not just setting her into your deck. This seems to be a special card that is not to be forgotten! Peace, joy, Anne Marie

    By Blogger Anne Marie Bennett, at 7:58 PM  

  • This is great info to know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home