SoulFragments

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Where are the Men?

I live in a world that is very female. My closest contacts are almost all with female friends, with my sisters. Most of the bloggers I connect with are female. In my writers group, we have only one male member. The SoulCollage community is almost totally female. (There are some male facilitators, but only a very few, relative to the number of women who are using SoulCollage in their lives). Yes, I have a son, a father, brothers, but still, sometime more than a year ago, I became aware of the absence of masculine creative energy in my SoulCollage. I realised I'd been gathering images of male artists - actors, musicians, writers, chefs - that I wanted to bring together to celebrate the men who inspire me, and their particular energy. Above is the card I made. I added the four older men in the bottom-left, not because they are artists (I don't know if they are!) but because of that companionship their pose portrays.
I was reminded to post this today by a post Lila made on her blog, Indigo Pears, in which she has done something similar in an altered book page.
I've felt a bit shy about this card. I do know that the energy I'm drawn to here is not attraction to the men per se, but it is to do with my own balance of animus/anima energies, and a will to bring the masculine more into play within myself.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Wonderful post and explanation of your chosen images! Yeah men! Where would we be without them?
    (You don't have to answer that, LOL!)

    By Blogger Lila Rostenberg, at 9:20 AM  

  • I think you choice of men is rather yummy... :-)

    By Blogger Caroline, at 2:24 AM  

  • Thank you for posting that particular card - it's what I needed to see right at this moment and I think I'll go and make a 'male energy' card for myself right now! I can totally relate to your comments about being surrounded by wonderful and inspiring females but at the same time, finding that male energy lacking in my life. I've recently set an intention to have more male friends and the Universe has responded almost immediately, of course! Are you intending to do the SoulCollage facilitator training that you mention on your blog? I'm doing the training here in Brisbane in November with Karen Mann from Melbourne who writes in the Kaleidosoul e-newsletter. By the way, I think you are the 'Greenishlady' on Librarything.com with whom I (inner_artist) share 22 books - I see you also love poetry, art/creativity and the spiritual life! Jo
    P.S. I agree with Caroline - your choice of men is "rather yummy"!

    By Blogger Inner Artist, at 3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home