SoulFragments

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mother encouraging independence

This card was created when my son left to return to college for his second year. It gave me great comfort to put together images that reflect these feelings.

I am one who is willing to step aside and allow my child to seek and follow his own path

I am one who values signs of independence and freedom of action in my child

I am one who holds memories of his childhood as I watch from a safe distance

I am one who will always watch with a loving eye.

1 Comments:

  • Beautifully expressed. I too have dealt with my one and only leaving home at an age that was too early for me, but I trusted it was right for her..it seems like it was. Your card hits home for me. Thanks, I needed that.

    By Blogger Cheryl Finley, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home